1. When is the race date for the Half Marathon, Resolution 5K/10K, & Kid’s Fun Run?
Sunday, January 3rd, 2016
2. What time do the races start?
Kid’s Fun Run: 2:00pm
Resolution 5K/10K: 4:00pm
Half Marathon: 6:00pm
3. Where are the Start and Finish lines for the races?
ALL RACES will start and finish near
the Celebration Zone at Grand Park located directly in front of LA City Hall.
Address: 200 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
4. Will Gear Check be available?
Yes. Half Marathon & Resolution 5K/10K gear check will be located inside the Celebration Zone near Broadway Ave. (Grand Park) Gear Check hours are from 2:00pm-11:00pm. NOTE: All items left after 11:00pm will be donated.
5. What is the course time limit for the Half Marathon?
4-hour time limit (~18 min/mile pace). Streets reopen to vehicular traffic on a rolling basis. Participants still on the course at this time will be directed to the sidewalks and a shuttle bus will be provided to assist runners to meet the course time limit.
6. Do all participants receive a finisher’s medal?
Yes, all Half Marathon, Resolution 5K/10K, and Kid’s Fun Run Finishers will receive a finisher’s medal after they cross the Finish Line.
NOTE: All Bandit runners will be immediately ejected from the race and will not be allowed to cross the finish line.
7. How will my time be recorded?
Gemini Timing, our official timing company, will record all participants in the Half Marathon & Resolution 5K/10K with B-tag chips.
8. Are strollers allowed? Are dogs allowed?
Strollers are allowed; dogs are not allowed.
9. What are the Seeded Start Corrals?
There will be an Elite/Sub-elite corral by qualification and corrals 1-16 are organized by your estimated finish times submitted at the time of registration. You can edit your finish time online before December 1st or at Solutions on race day.
1. When does race registration close?
12/31/15 or until capacity is reached for each individual race.
2. Can I confirm my registration after I sign up online?
You can confirm your registration by clicking on the “Confirm Your Registration” link on the homepage www.newyearsrace.comor via your ImAthlete account.
3. How can I make changes to my registration information (i.e. address, email, shirt size, finish time)?
You may edit your registration via ImAthlete by clicking on “Edit Your Registration” link on your ImAthlete confirmation email. Deadline to edit
your registration is on 12/1/15. After 12/1/15, any edits can be made at Solutions on race day.
4. I did not receive a confirmation/receipt email or I deleted the confirmation/receipt email. What can I do?
If you registered online, you may log into your ImAthlete account and resend it to yourself. You may also contact ImAthlete directly at 877.462.7979.
5. I am injured and/or cannot participate. Can I get a refund, defer or transfer my registration?
Per standard race Rules & Guidelines, registrations are non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-deferrable. NO EXCEPTIONS. New Year’s Race raises funds to benefit community charities. Any requests will be redirected to the Rules & Guidelines.
6. Is there an age requirement for the races?
No. However, any participant under 18 years of age will need parent/guardian signed consent and
parent/guardian must be present at packet pick-up. Participants in the Kid’s
Fun Run should be under the age of 12.
7. Can we register as a team/group?
We do not offer discounted group registration. You may create a team/group via ImAthlete online registration. The team/group will then appear in a drop down menu. Each participant can then register themselves individually and add themselves to the team/group.
1. Where can I find a course map for all the races?
Course maps: www.newyearsrace.com/course
2. Where will
the Water/Aid Stations be located?
Approximately every 1.5 miles
3. Will the course be well lit since it is a night race?
Yes, we will be
placing light towers in areas needed on the course for runner’s safety.
However, runners are highly recommended to wear a headlamp.
4. Will there be security throughout the course?
Yes, within the 4-hour course limit, security will be provided in key areas throughout the course for runner’s safety.
5. What are the specific race day street closures?
Please review the Race Day Street Closure notice here:
Packet Pick-up and Expo:
1. When and where is the packet pick-up and Expo?
NEW this year: Packet pick-up and Expo will be located inside the Celebration Zone in Grand Park. The Celebration Zone will include the Start Line, Finish Line, Beer Garden, Exhibitors, Expo, packet pick-up and more in Grand Park. Plan to arrive at least THREE hours prior to your race start. Enjo the Celebration Zone before and after your race.
200 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Sunday, January 3rd, 2016
12:00 noon – 11:30pm
2. Where do I park for the expo?
There are several parking garages located around Grand Park, location of the Start, Finish, and Expo. You can find more details and directions here: www.newyearsrace.com/transportation-directions-parking
3. What do I need to bring with me in order to pick up my race packet & goodie bag?
Valid photo ID. All bibs MUST be picked up during the Celebration Zone hours. NO packets will be mailed out prior or after the event.
4. What if I didn’t receive my confirmation email?
You may contact Participant Support at ImAthlete directly at 877.462.7979 to resend you your email.
5. Can a friend/family member pick up my race packet?
Yes, they MUST present your confirmation email AND copy of your photo ID. NO exceptions.
6. Can I exchange the size of my long sleeve/tech shirt at the expo?
We will offer a Shirt Exchange booth at the Expo inside the Celebration Zone to exchange your size; however, exchanges are based on availability.
7. If I cannot run the race, will you be able to mail my race packet or medal to me?
Unfortunately, no packets will be mailed out. All race packets must be picked up at the expo. Please arrange for someone to pick up your packet if needed during expo hours. Medals will only be given to official race finishers.
1. What are the Seeded Start Corrals?
There will be an Elite/Sub-elite corral by qualification and corrals 1-16 organized by your estimated finishing times submitted at the time of registration.
2. How can I qualify for an Elite/Sub-Elite Corral?
Please visit www.newyearsrace.com/race-detail/elite-runner-info for time qualifications and how to apply if space permits prior to the 12/31/15 registration deadline.
3. How do I know which start corral or bib number I have been assigned to?
During race week, Gemini Timing will provide your start corral and bib number.
4. Can I switch corrals?
Yes, changes can be made at the “Solutions Table” at the expo inside the Celebration Zone.
Space is limited per corral and not guaranteed. Please plan accordingly to arrive THREE hours prior to your race start if any change requests need to be made.