1. When is the race date for the Half Marathon, Resolution 5K/10K, & Kid’s Fun Run? Sunday, January 3rd, 2016
2. What time do the races start? Kid’s Fun Run: 4:00pm Resolution 5K/10K: 6:00pm Half Marathon: 8:00pm
3. Where are the Start and Finish lines for the races? ALL RACES will start and finish near the Celebration Zone at Grand Park located directly in front of LA City Hall. Address: 200 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
4. Will Gear Check be available? Yes. Half Marathon & Resolution 5K/10K gear check will be located inside the Celebration Zone near Broadway Ave. (Grand Park) Gear Check hours are from 5:00pm – 12midnight. Note: All items left after 12:30am will be donated.
5. What is the course time limit for the Half Marathon? 3.5hr time limit (~16:00 min/mile pace). Streets reopen to vehicular traffic on a rolling basis. Participants still on the course at this time will be directed to the sidewalks and a shuttle bus will be provided to assist runners to meet the course time limit.
6. Do all participants receive a finisher’s medal? Yes, all Half Marathon, Resolution 5K/10K, and Kid’s Fun Run Finishers will receive a finisher’s medal after they cross the Finish Line. Challenge medals must be picked up at the Challenge Tent after you cross the finish line. NO unclaimed medals will be mailed. NOTE: All Bandit runners will be immediately ejected from the race and will not be allowed to cross the finish line. Security will be on course to remove anyone running without a bib.
7. How will my time be recorded? Gemini Timing, our official timing company, will record all participants in the Half Marathon & Resolution 5K/10K with B-tag chips.
8. Are strollers allowed? Are dogs allowed? Strollers are allowed; dogs are not allowed.
9. What are the Seeded Start Corrals? There will be an Elite/Sub-elite corral by qualification and corrals 1-16 are organized by your estimated finish times submitted at the time of registration. You can edit your finish time online before December 1st or at Solutions located inside the Health & Fitness Expo.
1. When does race registration close? 12/31/15 or until capacity is reached for each individual race.
2. Can I confirm my registration after I sign up online? You can confirm your registration by clicking on the “Confirm Your Registration” link on the homepage www.newyearsrace.com or via your ImAthlete account.
3. How can I make changes to my registration information (i.e. address, email, shirt size, finish time)? You may edit your registration via ImAthlete by clicking on “Edit Your Registration” link on your ImAthlete confirmation email. Deadline to edit your registration is on 12/1/15. After 12/1/15, any edits can be made at Solutions.
4. I did not receive a confirmation/receipt email or I deleted the confirmation/receipt email. What can I do? If you registered online, you may log into your ImAthlete account and resend it to yourself. You may also contact ImAthlete directly at 877.462.7979.
5. I am injured and/or cannot participate. Can I get a refund, defer or transfer my registration?
Per standard race Rules & Guidelines, registrations are non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-deferrable.NO EXCEPTIONS. New Year’s Race raises funds to benefit community charities. Any requests will be redirected to the Rules & Guidelines.
6. Is there an age requirement for the races?
No. However, any participant under 18 years of age will need parent/guardian signed consent andparent/guardian must be present at packet pick-up. Participants in the Kid’sFun Run should be under the age of 12.
7. Can we register as a team/group? We do not offer discounted group registration. You may create a team/group via ImAthlete online registration. The team/group will then appear in a drop down menu. Each participant can then register themselves individually and add themselves to the team/group.
1. Where can I find a course map for all the races? Course maps: www.newyearsrace.com/course
2. Where will the Water/Aid Stations be located? Approximately every 1.5 miles
3. Will the course be well lit since it is a night race? Yes, we will be placing light towers in areas needed on the course for runner’s safety. However, runners are highly recommended to wear a headlamp.
4. Will there be security throughout the course? Yes, within the 3.5 hour course limit, security will be provided in key areas throughout the course for runner’s safety.
1. When and where is the packet pick-up and Expo? Expo Location: Millennium Biltmore Hotel 506 S. Grand Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90071
Saturday, January 2, 2016: 12noon – 7pm Sunday, January 3, 2016: 12noon – 7pm
NOTE: All bibs/shirts/goodie bags MUST be picked up within expo hours located at the Biltmore Hotel. NO bibs/shirts/goodie bags will be available at the start/finish lines located at Grand Park. Biltmore and Grand Park are approximately 0.6mi in distance. Aim to arrive to the start line at least TWO hours prior to your race start. Please plan accordingly as 8,000 runners combined will be arriving on race day.
3. What do I need to bring with me in order to pick up my race packet & goodie bag? Valid photo ID. All bibs MUST be picked up during the Expo hours.
4. What if I didn’t receive my confirmation email? You may contact Participant Support at ImAthlete directly at 877.462.7979 to resend you your email.
5. Can a friend/family member pick up my race packet? Yes, they MUST present your confirmation email AND copy of your photo ID. NO exceptions.
6. Can I exchange the size of my long sleeve/tech shirt at the expo? We will offer a Shirt Exchange booth at the Expo inside the Biltmore Hotel to exchange your size; however, exchanges are based on availability.
7. If I cannot run the race, will you be able to mail my race packet or medal to me? Unfortunately, no packets will be mailed out. All race packets must be picked up at the expo. Please arrange for someone to pick up your packet if needed during expo hours. Medals will only be given to official race finishers.
1. What are the Seeded Start Corrals? There will be an Elite/Sub-elite corral by qualification and corrals 1-16 organized by your estimated finishing times submitted at the time of registration.
3. How do I know which start corral or bib number I have been assigned to? During race week, Gemini Timing will provide your start corral and bib number.
4. Can I switch corrals? Yes, changes can be made at the “Solutions Table” at the expo inside the Biltmore Hotel. Space is limited per corral and not guaranteed. Please plan accordingly to arrive THREE hours prior to your race start if any change requests need to be made.
1. What is the Doubleheader Challenge and what does it include? Runners can now run the 5K or 10K at 6PM and then run the half marathon at 8PM. Please click here for more details.
2. Can I upgrade to the Doubleheader if I only registered for the 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon? If space permits, you may upgrade by clicking on “Self-Edit Registration” in your confirmation email or click here. Deadline for changes are 12/1/2015.
3. Can I change distances between the 5K and 10K if I’m doing the Challenge? If space permits, you may change between the 5K and 10K by clicking on “Self-Edit Registration” in your confirmation email or click here. Deadline for changes are 12/1/2015.