1. What are the Seeded Start Corrals?
- There will be an Elite/Sub-elite corral by qualification and corrals 1-16 are organized by your estimated finishing times submitted at the time of registration.
2. When is the race date for the Half Marathon, Resolution 5K, & Kids Fun Run?
- Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
3.What time do the night races start?
- The Half Marathon & Resolution 5K start at 6:00pm
- The Kids Fun Run starts at 4:00pm
4.Where is the Start and Finish lines for the races?
- Half Marathon & Resolution 5K Start are on 7th St. & Grand Ave.
- The Kids Fun Run Starts on 1st and Spring at Grand Park
5. Will there be a Gear Check Area?
- Half Marathon & Resolution 5K gear check will be on 7th St. & Flower (near start line). All gear will be transported to the Finish line.
6. What is the course time limit for the Half Marathon?
- 4-hour time limit (~18 min/mile pace). Streets reopen to vehicular traffic on a rolling basis. Participants still on the course at this time will be directed to the sidewalks and a shuttle for the safety of runners will assist runners to meet the course time limit.
7. Do all participants receive a Finisher’s Medal?
- Yes, all Half Marathon participants within the 4-hour time limit, Resolution 5K Finishers, and Kids Fun Run Finishers will receive a finisher’s medal after they cross the Finish Line.
8. How will my time be recorded?
- Gemini Timing will record all participants in the Half Marathon & Resolution 5K with B-tag chips.
9. Are strollers allowed? Are dogs allowed at event?
- Strollers are allowed; dogs are not allowed.
1. When does race registration close?
- 12/31/14 or until capacity is reached for each individual race.
2. Can I confirm my registration after I sign up online?
- You can confirm your registration by clicking on the “Confirm Your Registration” link at www.newyearsrace.com or via your Active.com account.
3. Why can’t I find my registration on the “Confirm Your Registration” link on the race website?
- Upon registering, if you unchecked a box stating: “Show my registration in results when Active.com users search to see who registered for this event,” you opted out to be “searchable” to the public. However, if you received your confirmation email, you are still registered.
4. How can I make changes to my registration information (i.e. address, email, etc.)?
- You may edit your registration on our race website by clicking on “Edit Your Registration” link. Deadline to edit your registration is on 12/1/14. After 12/1/14, any edits will only be done at the Solutions Table at the expo.
5. I did not receive a confirmation/receipt email or I deleted the confirmation/receipt email,
can you resend it to me?
- If you registered online, you may log on to your Active.com account and resend it to yourself. You may also contact Active.com Participant Support for help (877) 228-4881, Option #2 or email email@example.com.
6. I am injured and/or cannot participate. Can I get a refund, defer or transfer my registration?
- Per official event Rules & Guidelines, registrations are non-refundable, non-transferrable, non-deferrable. NO EXCEPTIONS. New Year’s Race raises funds to benefit community charities. Any requests will be redirected to the Rules & Guidelines.
7. Is there an age requirement for the races?
- Not for the Half Marathon or Resolution 5K. Any participant under 18 years of age will need parent/guardian signed consent and parent/guardian must be present at packet pick-up. Participants in the Kids Fun Run should be under the age of 12.
8. Can we register as a group?
- We do not offer group discounted registration. You may create a Team for a fee of $10 per Team. Each participant can then register themselves individually and add themselves to a Team.
9. How do I create a Team?
- During registration, “Team Captain” will pay the one-time fee of $10 to create the Team. Check the box “Create a Team” then choose to make it private or public.
- Public Team: Anyone can add themselves to the team.
- Private Team: Team Captain creates a password and only those that know the password can add themselves.
- Each person can then register themselves individually and check the box “Join a Team”. Choose your particular Team name to be added. If someone forgets to add themselves to the particular Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/1/14 with “Add to Team _____” in the Subject line and we will assist them. After 12/1/14, changes may no longer be made.
1. Where can I find a course map for all the races?
- Course maps: www.newyearsrace.com/course
2.How many and where will the Water/Aid Stations be located?
- Approximately every 1.5 miles
3. Will the course be well lit since it is a night race?
- Yes, we will be placing light towers in areas needed on the course for runner’s safety. However, runners are highly recommended to wear a headlamp.
4. Will there be security throughout the course?
- Yes, within the 4-hour course limit, security will be provided in key areas throughout the course for runner’s safety.
5. What are the specific race day street closures?
- Please review the Race Day Street Closure notice here:www.newyearsrace.com/contact/road-closure-notice
1. Where and when is the Expo for race packet pick-up?
- Host Hotel: The Millennium Biltmore Hotel506 S. Grand Ave., LA, CA 90071Friday, January 2rd, 12pm-7pm
Saturday, January 3th, 9am-4pm.
2. Where do I park for the Expo?
- There are several parking garages & lots around the Start, Finish, and Expo. We recommend Pershing Square Garage located at 532 South Olive St., LA, CA 90013, across the street from the Host Hotel, The Biltmore. You can find more details and directions here: www.newyearsrace.com/transportation-directions-parking
3. What do I need to bring with me in order to pick up my race packet & goodie bag?
- Confirmation email and photo ID. All bibs MUST be picked up during expo hours. NO BIBS will be available at the Start Line. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. What if I didn’t receive my confirmation email?
- You may contact Participant Support at Active.com (877) 228-4881, Option #2 or email email@example.com.
5. Can a friend/family member pick up my race packet if I cannot attend the Expo?
- Yes, they must present your confirmation email, copy of your photo ID, & a signed note from you authorizing the bib pick up.
6. Can I exchange the size of my hooded sweatshirt/tech shirt at the Expo?
- We will offer a Hoodie/T-shirt Exchange booth at the Expo to exchange your size; however, exchanges are based on availability.
7. If I cannot run the race, will you be able to mail my race packet & goodie bag to me?
- Unfortunately, no packets will be mailed out. All race packets must be picked up at the expo. Please arrange someone to pick up your packet if needed during expo hours. Medals are only for official registered finishers.
1. What are the Seeded Start Corrals?
- There will be an Elite/Sub-elite corral by qualification and corrals 1-16 organized by your estimated finishing times submitted at the time of registration.
2. How can I qualify for an Elite/Sub-Elite Corral?
- Please visit www.newyearsrace.com/race-detail/elite-runner-info for time qualifications and how to apply if space permits prior to the 12/31/14 registration deadline.
3. How do I know which Start Corral I have been assigned to?
- During race week, Gemini Timing will provide your start corral and bib number.
4. Can I switch corrals?
- Yes, changes can be made at the “Solutions Table” in the expo. Space is limited per corral and not guaranteed.